Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm a Working Mama

When Diego was born I absolutely knew that I wanted to stay at home with him and not go back to work. I was so thankful to Isaac for working so hard and making enough money so that I could stay at home with my baby. It would be so hard for me to go back to work and have someone else raise my baby. But with our little family outgrowing our little apartment, I knew that we needed to start saving for a place to buy and living in California is expensive and it hard to save.

But then I found something that was a such a blessing. I started to work from home. At first I was really skeptical about this company because I was afraid it was a scam. I did a lot of research and talked to other people who worked for this company and had success. It seemed ok so I decided to try it out. And it is great. I get to work from home whenever I want, set my own hours, and work how much I want to. It is commission based, so the harder I work, the more I get paid. I just wish I had known about this sooner and I would have done it while I was pregnant.

The more I work, the better and faster I get at it. I supposed that I take longer than other people would because I have a six month old baby who is constantly needing my attention. But I realized if I just get really organized and set goals for myself, it is pretty easy. Before I started this job I felt like I needed to contribute monetarily to my family so that we could progress and not live like college students anymore,and now I can do that and still be at home with my baby. Diego is and always be my first priority, but it gives me such peace of mind that I can help pay off our student loan and start saving for our little family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know what you do!!! I would LOVE to stay at home!!!

Francesca said...

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you!