Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just a practice run

Yesterday I got a lot done and was pretty busy the whole day. During the afternoon I started to have Braxton-Hicks contractions. No big deal, I have them all the time. But then I started to have more than I was supposed to. I called my doctor just to let her know, expecting that she would tell me to lie on my side and drink juice ( pretty much the answer to everything). But she told me to come into the hospital so that they could put me on the monitor. I am 35 weeks, so still a little early to be having this baby.

Isaac was on his way home because he knew I was having too many contractions. When he walked in the door I told him that we needed to head to the hospital. For the first couple of seconds he didn't believe me. But we got ready and went. He sped the whole way. This whole time I am having contractions (they don't hurt, they are just uncomfortable). We get up to labor and delivery, I get all dressed up in the beautiful hospital gown, they hook me up to the monitors, and the contractions stop. Of course. I felt really silly and hoped the nursed didn't think I was making things up. But they monitored me for a while and nothing happened so they told me I could go home. The minute I got up I had 3 contractions in 3 minutes!

So I was in false labor, but they did check me and I am dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. That is ok at 35 weeks but I just have to take it easy. I am so happy that he didn't come last night. I think the biggest disappointment was that Isaac and I were planned to go to Vegas to see my brother and his wife for Thanksgiving and now we can't :(

2 comments:

Francesca said...

I'm glad Diego didn't come, but I'm sorry your Thanksgiving plans were ruined.

Alicia Smith said...

That's too bad about Las Vegas. What a crazy adventure pregnancy is...